You’ve been told that in order to grow your audience and reach your readers, building a large, engaged following on Instagram is your only option. So you spend all your time taking beautiful photos, writing catchy captions, and adding all the hashtags. And that leaves you with no time to actually… write.
Today we’re talking to Cara Dyck, a writer and homeschooling mom to 4 young boys and a graduate of Writing Off Social: The Course. Cara shares how she was on the cusp of going all in on Instagram (after a 3-year break) when someone shared a link to this podcast. And what she found as a result was friendship, validation, and relief that she could write off social for good. Listen in.
More about Cara:
As a mom to four young boys with a variety of special needs, Cara Dyck knows how beautiful – and tough – motherhood can be, especially when raising children with medical needs and disabilities. She has a passion for equipping fellow special needs moms to thrive in their hearts and homes as she comes alongside them, sharing both the hope and practical tools that have sustained her on this journey. She shares timesaving, nourishing recipes, ideas for simplified homemaking, and biblical encouragement on her blog, EachOrdinaryMoment.com
Tune in to Hear:
- Cara’s on-again, off-again relationship with Instagram and what finally convinced her to cut the cord
- The minivan analogy Mary K. teaches in the course, and how it freed Cara up to niche down on her ideal reader
- The clarifying question Cara asks herself every time she sits down to write
- The biblical truth that relieved Cara from the pressures of our hustle culture.
Links from the Show:
- Be sure to visit Cara’s Website, join her newsletter, and check out her Promises of Hope for Special Needs Moms Scripture Writing Plan.
- Registration for Writing Off Social: The Course is now OPEN. Register today to take advantage of our lowest pricing and early bird bonuses! Spots are limited, so don’t delay.
- Download our free pdf of 27 *REAL* Ways to Grow Your Audience without Social Media
- Learn more about Writing Off Social at writingoffsocial.com or email us at email@example.com
Ways to Support This Show:
If you found this episode helpful, the best way to spread the word and help others find the show is to:
- Text this episode to a friend!
- Leave a 5-star rating and review!
- Hit ‘subscribe’ so you’ll never miss an episode!