🎉 It’s here! The first episode of Writing Off Social! 🎉
In this episode, we (Sandy and Mary K.) share why we chose to leave social media. Our stories are probably not much different than yours. We started out doing our best to grow our audiences on social media (and even had some success!), but it wasn’t long before we began to experience the frustration and fallout of the changing algorithm and time-sucking nature of the apps. We lift the veil and give you an inside look at our struggle to leave social media, as well as the series of events that eventually led to each of us choosing to leave the platforms for good.
Whether you listen to us and nod your head, because you’re so ready to ditch social media you could scream, or you listen in disbelief because there’s no way you could imagine leaving: we get it. We’ve been there.
We know what a major decision this is and how impossible it may feel. But it’s not. There are so many ways to build your audience! We don’t have to submit ourselves to a platform that leaves us feeling anxious, depressed and glitchy.
We are on the road to discovering audience growing pathways that feel authentic, fun, and productive. We can’t wait to share those with you; so, stick around because the best is yet to come!
Links from the Show:
- Novel Marketing Podcast with Thomas Umstattd Jr., Episode 205: How to Pick a Social Network
- Learn more about Writing Off Social at writingoffsocial.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download our free pdf of 27 *REAL* Ways to Grow Your Audience without Social Media
Ways to Support This Show:
If you found this episode helpful, the best way to spread the word and help others find the show is to:
- Text this episode to a friend!
- Leave a 5-star rating and review!
- Hit ‘subscribe’ so you’ll never miss an episode!