Leaving social media as a writer sounds amazing in theory. But how does it work in practice?
In today’s episode, Kate and Sandy speak directly to moms who write and run their businesses online but feel trapped by social media. As an author of two traditionally published books, Kate has a lot to share about how and why you should consider publishing your book without social media. She shares what factors contributed to her getting a book deal, as well as where she stood her ground and what concessions she chose to make.
If you have not yet listened to the first 2 parts of their conversation, we encourage you to hit pause and listen to Episodes 17 and 18, first.
Also, stay tuned until the end of this episode when Sandy and Mary K. discuss their biggest takeaways from Kate’s interview.
Kate Merrick is a speaker, author of 2 books, co-founder of the Reality family of churches, homeschooling-ish mom, and most recently co-founder of a surf/lifestyle brand for girls and women called Mijas Del Mar. She loves Jesus, surfing, dancing on the patio table, and anything delicious. She lives in Carpinteria, California with her husband of 25 years, two-ish kids, and a flock of noisy chickens.
Tune in to Hear:
- What you can do (instead of social media) to promote your book
- Kate share what’s on her “to-don’t” list
- Kate’s powerful closing words of encouragement
- Sandy underscore a major point about Kate’s ability to traditionally publish her books without social media – trust us, you don’t want to miss this!
Links from the Show:
- Episode 12 of Writing off Social: the Podcast where Sandy + MK discuss whether or not we owe our readers access to our lives.
- Learn more about the book that caught Sandy’s attention back in 2019, Kate’s first book: Here, Now: Unearthing Peace and Presence in an Overconnected World, by Kate Merrick*.
- Find Kate’s second book: And She Still Laughs: Defiant Joy in the Depths of Suffering, by Kate Merrick*.
- Check out Kate’s surf/lifestyle brand for girls and women: Mijas Del Mar.
- Take The Challenge! We’ll give you everything you need to prepare for a 7-day social media break and then help you make the most of it once you’ve unplugged. It’s only $7 and you can start it any time.
- Join the waitlist for Writing Off Social: The Course! Be among the first to hear when registration opens for our January 2024 Cohort.
- Download our free pdf of 27 *REAL* Ways to Grow Your Audience without Social Media
- Learn more about Writing Off Social at writingoffsocial.com or email us at email@example.com
Ways to Support This Show:
If you found this episode helpful, the best way to spread the word and help others find the show is to:
- Text this episode to a friend!
- Leave a 5-star rating and review!
- Hit ‘subscribe’ so you’ll never miss an episode!
*This is an affiliate link, meaning should you purchase something after clicking on this link, we will receive a small payment from that company- at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!