Many of you have emailed us, thanking us for blazing a trail for writers to leave social media. But truthfully, we are only widening a trail that others have blazed for of us.
In today’s episode, Sandy sits down with author Kate Merrick, who was one such trailblazer. Join us to hear why Kate decided to live off the grid and how it’s impacted her life, her business, and her writing career.
This is the first part of a 3-part conversation that aired on The Balanced MomCast last year. We will play all 3 parts in their entirety this week, so be sure to tune in tomorrow (October 18th) and Thursday (October 19th) for the next two installments of this interview.
More About Kate:
Kate Merrick is a speaker, author of 2 books, co-founder of the Reality family of churches, homeschooling-ish mom, and most recently co-founder of a surf/lifestyle brand for girls and women called Mijas Del Mar. She loves Jesus, surfing, dancing on the patio table, and anything delicious. She lives in Carpinteria, California with her husband of 25 years, two-ish kids, and a flock of noisy chickens.
Tune in to Hear:
- How Sandy first ‘met’ Kate Merrick and the impact it made on her at the time
- The story behind why Kate and her family decided to live off the grid
- The exact moment God spoke to Kate and changed the way she viewed the concept of FOMO
Links from the Show:
- Learn more about the book that caught Sandy’s attention back in 2019, Kate’s first book: Here, Now: Unearthing Peace and Presence in an Overconnected World*
- Check out Kate’s second book: And She Still Laughs: Defiant Joy in the Depths of Suffering.*
- Take The Challenge! We’ll give you everything you need to prepare for a 7-day social media break and then help you make the most of it once you’ve unplugged. It’s only $7 and you can start it any time.
- Join the waitlist for Writing Off Social: The Course! Be among the first to hear when registration opens for our January 2024 Cohort.
- Download our free pdf of 27 *REAL* Ways to Grow Your Audience without Social Media
- Learn more about Writing Off Social at writingoffsocial.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ways to Support This Show:
If you found this episode helpful, the best way to spread the word and help others find the show is to:
- Text this episode to a friend!
- Leave a 5-star rating and review!
- Hit ‘subscribe’ so you’ll never miss an episode!
*This is an affiliate link, meaning should you purchase something after clicking on this link, we will receive a small payment from that company- at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!