Hustle culture, also known as burnout culture and grind culture, refers to the mentality that says: If you work hard enough, you will become successful. And the more successful you are, the more powerful you are. And the more successful and powerful you are, the happier you will be.
But hustle culture is failing us, compromising our health, our relationships, and our peace. What’s the alternative? And what does it have to do with social media? That’s the topic of today’s show.
Tune in to Hear:
- Seven lies Hustle Culture tries to sell us and the claims Kingdom Culture makes instead.
- All of the Bible verses that helped us process each statement.
- Why so many Christian writers struggle to charge for their work and a helpful mindset shift to make in that area
- Sandy + Mary K’s manifesto statement on metrics
- Why comparison is so detrimental to the Body of Christ (and your work)
Links from the Show:
- Take The Challenge! We’ll give you everything you need to prepare for a 7-day social media break and to make the most of it once you’ve unplugged. It’s only $7 and you can start it any time.
- Join the waitlist for Writing Off Social: The Course and be among the first to hear when registration opens for our January 2024 Cohort!
- Download our free pdf of 27 *REAL* Ways to Grow Your Audience without Social Media
- Learn more about Writing Off Social at writingoffsocial.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ways to Support This Show:
If you found this episode helpful, the best way to spread the word and help others find the show is to:
- Text this episode to a friend!
- Leave a 5-star rating and review!
- Hit ‘subscribe’ so you’ll never miss an episode!