Social media provides a peek behind the curtain of our lives and the lives of those we follow. We get to see inside other people’s homes, where they go on vacation, what awards their 5th grader earned at the end of the school year, and what they had for dinner. So when we leave social media, how will we share all that behind-the-scenes-content for our readers? Or should we be sharing it at all?
In this week’s episode we’re discussing how or if we continue to share personal content with our readers off of social media. Listen in!
P.S.– This is the last episode of season one! We spent this season making our case for why you can (and should) write off social media. Next season we want to peel back the onion just a little bit more, diving deeper into what this writer’s life looks like when you ditch social media and find alternate pathways to grow and nurture your audience. We’ll be bringing on guests, interviewing experts, and sharing more of our experiences, wisdom, and bloopers.
We want to thank you, our kind and faithful listeners, for making this brand new podcast so successful. We have loved creating these episodes for you and we are looking forward to Season Two. Have an incredible summer! We’ll see you in September.
Tune in to Hear:
- How we share our kids stories and our experiences in motherhood while still protecting our kids
- How we share the “everydayness” of our lives now that we’re off social media
- Why we, as a society and as writers, feel we owe strangers a window into our lives- and whether or not we should.
Links from the Show:
- This is the FINAL week to register for Writing Off Social: The Course! The doors will close on Friday, June 2nd at Midnight. What are you waiting for?? Register today!
- Part 2 of Sandy’s interview with Kate Merrick on the Balanced Momcast: Ep 165: How Much Do You Want to Give Away to Strangers on Social Media?
- Kate Merrick’s book Here, Now*
- Download our free pdf of 27 *REAL* Ways to Grow Your Audience without Social Media
- Learn more about Writing Off Social at writingoffsocial.com or email us at email@example.com
*This is an affiliate link, meaning should you purchase something after clicking on this link, we will receive a small payment from that company- at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Ways to Support This Show:
If you found this episode helpful, the best way to spread the word and help others find the show is to:
- Text this episode to a friend!
- Leave a 5-star rating and review!
- Hit ‘subscribe’ so you’ll never miss an episode!