What do you do when you’ve been writing online for 10 years and everything becomes stagnant? Your instagram feed is nothing but the same 20 writers and business gurus plus some random skin care ads. Your email list stops growing. And you have no idea where to find your reader in real life? Find out how one distracted and discouraged writer is discovering all the places her reader hangs out.
And don’t forget: Registration for Writing Off Social the Course is OPEN as of November 14, 2023! Register now to secure your spot and to take advantage of our lowest pricing and early bird specials.
More About Jody:
Jody Collins offers people encouragement & practices to deepen their walk with God by making friends with poetry. She is the author of three books, a recent poet and past freelance editor. Her writing first appeared back when Smith Corona typewriters and newspapers were a thing. She then discovered the world of online writing in 2012 and has been there ever since.
Jody and her husband are Southern California transplants to the Seattle area where they’ve lived for 30 years. When not visiting grandkids, she enjoys watching birds from the back deck and messing about in her garden. They traded sunshine for seasons and love it. Except she does miss the beach. You can find more of her work at jodyleecollins.com.
Tune in to Hear:
- Jody share the process of her long goodbye with social media and the reminder that it’s ok to simply take the next small step
- Five changes Jody’s made to her writing career that are reaping results
- How Jody used her community connections to share her workshop with her readers in the real world
Links from the Show:
- Be sure to visit Jody’s website to find her latest book, Mining the Bright Birds: Poems of Longing for Home, and to follow her Substack: Poetry and Made Things
- Read Jody’s poem “Slow Burn”
- Registration for Writing Off Social: The Course is now OPEN. Register today to take advantage of our lowest pricing and early bird bonuses! Spots are limited, so don’t delay.
- Download our free pdf of 27 *REAL* Ways to Grow Your Audience without Social Media
- Learn more about Writing Off Social at writingoffsocial.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ways to Support This Show:
If you found this episode helpful, the best way to spread the word and help others find the show is to:
- Text this episode to a friend!
- Leave a 5-star rating and review!
- Hit ‘subscribe’ so you’ll never miss an episode!